Ov-841 0-8-0 side view
Photographed on 22 August 2009 at the Rizhsky Vokzal railway museum in Moscow, Russia.
The plate on the tallest dome states that this is no. 1836, built in 1903, at the Braynskiy works (see picture #7334
for a close-up of this plate). The "Ov" stands for Ovechka, which is the name of this type of 0-8-0 locomotive. They originally ran on coal, then wood, and later oil. The restoration, which took place from 1993 to 2004, at the Roslavl and Podmoskovnaya depots, returned it to the coal and wood burning style. The chimney carries a mesh spark arrestor.
See also picture #7333
Picture added on 28 August 2009 at 12:03