AGJ no. 4
Photographed in the loco shed at Anten on 5 July 2009.
Originally delivered to Hvetlanda-Sävsjö Järnvägar (HvSJ) in Småland, which had opened in 1884. In 1915 HvSJ merged with the Vetlanda-Målilla Järnväg and the Vetlanda-Sävsjö Järnväg, becoming Vetlanda Järnvägar (VJ). VJ was nationalised on 1 July 1945 and gradually closed down between 1956-1977. Everything was demolished except for the line Vetlanda-Kvillsfors which was widened to normal gauge during 1985-1987.
This tank locomotive was built in 1900 by Motala Verkstad and has been modified for one-man operation, with the driver also acting as the train conductor. On the nationalisation of VJ, no. 4 was transferred to Statens Järnvägar (SJ) and was assigned the type and number of SJ Kp 3048. It was withdrawn in 1958 and spent many years on display in a park in Nässjö.
In 1995 it was donated to the Anten-Gräfsnäs Järnväg (AGJ) by the Swedish National Railway Museum, but is not a runner.
Picture added on 19 July 2009 at 16:37