H-23 Class 4-6-2 no. 2718
Photographed on 1 August 2003 at the National Railroad Museum, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Built in May 1923 in Schenectady, New York, by the American Locomotive Co., this locomotive served from 1924 to 1958 before being donated to the museum by the Minneapolis, St. Paul & Saulte Ste. Marie Railroad. It was one of six H-23 Pacific Class locomotives built foe the "Soo Line".
The only other of this type that is preserved is no. 2719 at the Lake Superior Museum in Duluth, Minnesota.
Picture added on 23 November 2008