Gothenburg Tram No. 133 from the 1920s
Photographed on 5 April 2008, when Gothenburg Tramways celebrated 100 years of tram operation along the line from the city centre to Saltholmen. This was a classic inner city tram, of the type used from 1920 to the end of the 1950s. The wooden bench seats are along the sides, facing inwards. No. 133 was rebuilt in 1925 to provide more passenger space, and then ran until September 1962 when it was rebuilt again for snow clearance, and painted red. It was then renumbered 113 and used for clearing snow until the beginning of the 1980s. It was restored to original condition after coming into private ownership during 1984-5 and since then has been used frequently for the Liseberg amusement park line and for private hire.
ASEA built 123 of this M4 type, and no. 133 was delivered on 5 October 1920.
Length: 10.28 m, Width: 2.0 m, Height: 3.8 m, Wheelbase: 2.6 m
Weight: 12,500 kg. 2 LJ 32 motors, each 47 kW.
Passengers: 20 seated, 38 standing.
Picture added on 06 April 2008