Västkustbanan Class B 4-6-0 no. 1037 - 2
Just one more picture of this locomotive taking on water at Ed station, 161 km from Gothenburg. The hose from the local fire brigade water tender can be seen connected at the right of the picture.
96 class B locomotives were built between 1909 and 1919 for the Swedish State Railways, and some were sold to local private railways. As late as 1944 the Stockholm-Västerås-Bergslagen Railway ordered three new-build class B locomotives.
This type were kept as war reserves until the end of the 1980s, so many have been kept by museums and even sold to other countries. A survey in 2004 by SJ revealed that there are 38 of these still preserved.
Note the fully enclosed cab with sliding windows.
Picture added on 03 February 2014 at 18:48