Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST
Photographed in the Barrow Hill Roundhouse, Staveley, near Chesterfield, on 23 April 2013.
Built in 1901 to the order of Webster's Brick and Lime Works in Coventry, at a cost of £1,104.
It was originally named Rosabel after the daughter of Henry Webster, the Managing Director. Rosabel was used to haul bricks along Webster's Brickworks Railway for despatch over the LNWR Coventry — Nuneaton Line.
During WW1, Rosabel was used to shunt 15 inch naval guns in the adjacent Ordnance Factory.
After the war the Webster Brickworks Railway passed into the ownership of Courtaulds Ltd., and worked for them until 1926.
After overhaul by Peckett and Sons it was sold in 1928 to British Celanese of Spondon, near Derby, and renamed Henry after the Swiss chemist Dr Henri Dreyfus, chairman of British Celanese.
n 1974 Henry moved to the Courtaulds factory at Foleshill, Coventry, eventually being preserved by them as a static exhibit.
Restoration began in 1983 at the Edgwick Centre in Coventry and the locomotive was delivered to Tyseley Locomotive Works in August 1986. Now needing another overhaul, it has been cosmetically restored here at Barrow Hill.
Picture added on 10 November 2013 at 22:27