GWR 5700 Class 0-6-0PT 5775
Photographed in the exhibition shed at Oxenhope, KWVR, on 13 December 2012.
Built at Swindon for the Great Western Railway in September 1929 and worked at Neath shed in South Wales. At Nationalisation in 1948, it was at 87C shed - Danygraig, where it stayed until transfer to Carmarthen (87G) and finally to Pontypool Road (86G). Sold to London Transport in July 1963, numbered L89 and repainted in LT maroon livery. No 5775 moved to the KWVR in January 1970 before starring as the locomotive that hauled the Old Gentleman's train in the film 'The Railway Children'. Requires a general overhaul.
See also picture #7635
and picture #7713
Picture added on 14 January 2013 at 21:36