LMS Fowler Class 3F 0-6-0T 7279/47279
"Jinty" photographed in the exhibition shed at Oxenhope, KWVR, on 13 December 2012.
The design was based on rebuilds by Henry Fowler of the Midland Railway 2441 Class introduced in 1899 by Samuel Waite Johnson. These rebuilds featured a Belpaire firebox and improved cab. 422 Jinties were built between 1924 and 1930, with it being just one of the Midland designs perpetuated by LMS. They were built by the ex-L&YR Horwich Works and the private firms Bagnall's, Beardmores, Hunslet, North British and the Vulcan Foundry.
7279 was built by Vulcan Foundry in August 1924, and withdrawn in December 1966. Its boiler ticket has expired so it is unable to steam at present.
Picture added on 10 January 2013 at 10:43