Photographed at the NRM outpost 'Locomotion' at Shildon on 11 December 2012. Twenty were constructed between 1892–1893, and all passed to the Southern Railway at the grouping in 1923. Withdrawals started in 1930, and by the end of 1933 only three remained. No. 557 went in 1936, 571 in 1943, and the last, 563 was retired in August 1945 and set aside for preservation. See also picture #10992.