G3e 6/6 'Crocodile' no. 411
Rhaetian Railway electric locomotive photographed in the Deutsche Museum, Munich, Germany, on 3 September 2010.
This is one of the second batch of 'Crocodiles' nos. 407-415, which lasted as express locomotives until successors came into service in 1973. However, as can be seen in picture #15294
, they continued to haul regional and freight trains.
No. 411 was commissioned on 26 October 1925, and withdrawn 75 years later, having travelled about four and a half million kilometres. It was put into the museum on 14 June 2001.
Picture added on 19 November 2012 at 09:37