Class 11 diesel-electric shunter 12083
Photographed in the siding at Market Bosworth station, the Battlefield Line, on 19 March 2011.
This class were ordered by the LMS, not BR, and 12083 was built at Derby in 1950, It spent its industrial service at a company called Tilling Construction, usually called Tilcon. It worked at its Grassington Quarry near Skipton in North Yorkshire 1973-1998, in the company of 08 054.
It arrived at Shackerstone from the South Yorkshire Railway in 1st August 2001.
Picture added on 03 April 2011 at 17:40